Retaliation from manager

How do you understand the reason for retaliation for calling cooperate for a code violation here and they almost took my voucher from me in Kansas HUD from Weston mo , they finally sent me back to mo HUD because I requested the comments that were made for this wrongful treatment from Oct 19 2022to jan9 2023 they change my rent , wrote me up for a fine but it was a rent change , took 5 inspections for place to pass , my neighbors furnace caught on fire just 3 weeks ago roof fell in because of negelect from manager . What do we do ? Already sent letter to Better Business B. Just 1 week ago .this manager also takes people rent even if they paid rent have bank records to prove this ,she even offered to pay it back out of her pocket . So what rights do renters really have with sec 8 ???

1. Keep records of all correspondence, notices, inspections, rent payments, and any incidents related to the situation. This documentation can be crucial if you need to prove your case later.

2. It’s important to maintain records of your rent payments, especially if there are disputes about whether you’ve paid rent.

3. If you’re a Section 8 voucher holder, you can contact your local housing authority to report the issues you’ve been facing. They may have a grievance or complaint process that you can follow.

This wasn’t just manager it was pha at Weston mo Cindy Neely white ,manager name is Dassey Slouts.they also state in there lease that they can’t be sued

Lease agreements and housing policies can vary widely, so it’s important to carefully review the terms of your lease and familiarize yourself with your rights and obligations as a tenant.

Consulting with a qualified attorney specializing in housing or tenant law will provide you with the most accurate and relevant guidance for your situation.